The 2035 Regional Transportation Plan for Washoe County was adopted by the Regional Transportation Commission (RTC) on April 19, 2013.
The Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) defines the long range planning policies and priorities for the community’s future transportation system. It is the region’s blueprint to maintaining access, mobility and clean air for our community. The RTP is a key tool for preserving our quality-of-life including short, safe commutes, a vibrant economy, and clear, blue skies. Under federal regulations, the RTP must be updated every four years. The current RTP is valid until July, 2013.
The shield icons on the map below illustrate public feedback related to the upcoming Washoe County Regional Transporation Plan. Reports can be submitted via this project’s free smartphone app or manually on the Smartphone page.
The Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) will be founded on a diverse community-based planning process and will promote efficiency and effectiveness in program delivery. The purpose of the plan is to support the vision: This area is the best place to live, work, recreate, visit, and invest. This will be accomplished through the following guiding principles:
- Safe & healthy communities
- Economic development & diversification
- Increased travel choices
Regional Transportation Plan Goals (Identified by the Working Groups):
- Follow a community-based planning process
- Improve safety
- Integrate all types of transportation
- Integrate land use & economic development
- Incorporate sustainable practices & healthy community objectives
- Manage existing systems efficiently & effectively
- Promote equity & environmental justice
- Invest strategically
- Focus on regional connectivity
- Improve freight & goods movement